Moving the Mobs: Interactive Traffic-Stopping Signage in Times Square (Marcus Fischer)
Ads have always been a one-way street, from brand to consumer, with the hope of catching an eye for a second or two as people pass by. Learn how digital agency space150 is destroying convention for billboard signage in Times Square and designing immersive experiences that draw crowds outside American Eagle/77Kids, Forever21 and Quiksilver. You'll hear how the agency increased average viewing time from six seconds to nearly 10 minutes in the center of the busiest intersection in the world.
In this session, you will ...
1. Learn how to design interactive signage around human behavior and not advertising's "best practices"
2. Gain insight into why you shouldn't outsource innovation and why creativity and technology teams must work together to create new, immersive, and interactive digital experiences
3. Learn that interactive development requires interactive expertise and how we've shifted our talent mix to accommodate a new kind of digital
With 15+ years of experience across multiple channels, Marcus Fischer guides the vision and direction for space150 and its clients. Fischer also has worked at Carmichael Lynch Fallon and was founding partner at OneAndAll. His brand experience includes Porsche, BMW, Subaru, Harley Davidson, Discovery Communications, Lee Jeans, Purine and Starbucks.
Engaging the Individual: The Impact of Daily Interactive Touch Points (Craig Martin)
Touch screen interactivity saturates our everyday lives. From the store to the dentist office, interactive touch screens are active sources for information and transactions in our world. Whether individuals are at the market or out and about, they desire information, convenience and speed. In this session, we will discuss how marketers and retailers can successfully harness interactive technology for multiple-location deployments. You will discover how a successful deployment can drive an individual to act when making purchasing or communication decisions. We also will discuss how practical implementations can provide marketers with user preference information for long-term, continued success.
In this session, you will ...
1. Learn why context, location and message repetition are keys in motivating an individual to take action on information presented in a touch screen deployment
2. Gain insight into the use and impact of narrowcasting in creating quality content for interactive environments implemented in retail and other common day-to-day locations
3. Learn strategies for cost effective "roll out" of interactive technologies to hundreds and thousands of pervasive locations
Craig Martin has more than 15 years of experience providing Fortune 500 brands and retailers with innovative digital merchandising solutions. He is a founder of Reality Interactive LLC. Prior to that, he held senior business development positions at Netkey and Media Right. Clients over the years include BMW, Callaway Golf, PepsiCo, Bose, Lego, Leapfrog and others.